Surrendering (giving up) your permit

If you no longer need your Flood Risk Activity Permit you must surrender it

Below are the application forms and the guidance notes to surrender your permit.

Your Flood Risk Activity Permit will contain information on the condition for surrender. You will only need to apply to surrender your permit if it is stated within your permit.

All applicants must either complete Part E8 for a notification of surrender or Part E8.1 for an application of surrender.

Where should I send my application?

The application form contains details of where you should send your completed application form. You can send a printed copy of your application to the relevant Area office address or send it to us via email. If you need any assistance, you may wish to contact our Customer Care Centre who will be able to help direct you to a member of staff who will deal with your application and payment.


If surrender is refused and you think it has been withheld unreasonably, or that surrender has been granted with conditions you feel are inappropriate, you may appeal. Appeals are normally dealt with by Welsh Ministers. Please contact us if you would like more information about the appeals process.