February 2020 flood review (Storm Ciara and Dennis)
Storms Ciara, Dennis and Jorge followed a very wet winter. The Met Office confirmed it was the wettest February on record. Many rivers reached record levels, flood waters impacted 3,130 properties and people were evacuated from their homes.
We reviewed our response to the storms. Specifically focussing on our flood incident operations and how we manage the NRW estate to help reduce the risk of flooding.
The review was published in 22 October 2020:
- February 2020 Floods in Wales: Natural Resources Wales’ Response
- February 2020 Floods in Wales: Flood Event Data Summary
- February 2020 Floods in Wales: Flood Incident Management Review
- February 2020 Floods in Wales: Land Estate Management Review
- February 2020 Floods in Wales: Flood Recovery Report
Our Storymap tells the story of the exceptional storms in February and the outcomes of our reviews.
Our Head of Flood and Incident Risk Management wrote a blog reflecting on one of the most devastating storms to hit Wales in recent history.