Managing sediment: marine coastal and estuarine
If you need to move sediment from one area of the seabed to somewhere else as part of your management activities, you need to decide how to do it.
Activities that might need you to move sediment include:
- coastal protection works
- maintenance dredging and disposal activities
- infrastructure projects – such as renewable energy developments and associated works (cabling)
- marine, harbour and port developments
We encourage you to consider how you can undertake your sediment management activities sustainably.
- find our prioritised options for moving sediment
- understand our approach
- recognise why sustainable sediment management is important
- understand how we apply policies and legislation