Apply for deployment of a mobile plant permit
Find details of the proposed charges on our consultation hub on the Citizen Space website.
This consultation has now closed. NRW will use the feedback from the public consultation to inform our new charging schemes, which we intend to implement from 1 April 2023, subject to Ministerial approval.
Before you can carry out mobile plant activities, you must have both a:
- a suitable standard rules or bespoke permit
- an approved deployment
Find out how to apply for a standard rules permit.
Find out how to apply for a bespoke permit.
Apply for mobile plant permit deployment
Only when you have a suitable permit can you apply for a deployment.
You must have an approved deployment of the mobile plant each time you wish to carry out the activities. Each deployment lasts for 12 months.
To apply for a landspreading deployment you must hold one of the following permits:
- SR2010No4 Mobile plant for landspreading (land treatment resulting in agricultural or ecological benefit)
- SR2010No5 Use of mobile plant for land reclamation, restoration or improvement of land
- SR2010No6 Mobile plant for landspreading of sewage sludge
- Bespoke mobile plant permit for landspreading or land reclamation
Before starting your application, read the guidance on how to apply for a landspreading mobile plant deployment.
Treatment of waste to produce soil, soil substitutes and aggregate
To apply for a treatment of waste deployment, you must have the following standard rules permit:
- SR2010 No11 Mobile plant for treatment of waste to produce soil, soil substitutes and aggregates
Before starting your application, read the guidance on how to apply for treatment of waste to produce soil, soil substitutes and aggregate.
Land and/or groundwater remediation or treatment using a mobile plant remediation
To apply for a land and and/or groundwater remediation or treatment using a mobile plant remediation permit, you must have one of the following permits:
- SR2008 No27 Mobile plant for the treatment of soils and contaminated material, substances or products
- Bespoke permit for land and groundwater remediation
- Bespoke permit for treatment using mobile plant
Before starting your application, read the guidance on land and/or groundwater remediation or treatment using a mobile plant remediation.
Pay your deployment fees
When you've submitted your application, you will need to pay your fee.
You can pay by calling us on 0300 056 3000 between 9 and 5, Monday to Friday, or by bank transfer to:
Company name: Natural Resources Wales
Company address: Income Department, PO BOX 663, Cardiff, CF24 0TP
Address: National Westminster Bank Plc, 2 ½ Devonshire Square, London, EC2M 4BA
Sort code: 60-70-80
Account number: 10014438
We cannot process an application until the correct fee is paid.
After you apply for a deployment
When we receive your complete deployment application and correct fee, we must:
- ensure you have a suitable live permit for the activities you are applying to carry out
- assess every application for potential impacts and ensure you have measures in place to deal with them
- have regard to our aims and legal duties
- listen to members of the public who may be affected by the proposals
We will respond to your application within 25 days.